Internet of Things – Industry 4.0
The next big Industrial Revolution is in full swingAccording to the BI Intelligence study "The Internet Of Things," the number of interconnected things will increase to 34 billion by 2020. By then, 6 trillion will be invested in hardware, application development and system integration.
Industry 4.0: Huge potential for companiesThe growing interconnectedness of every imaginable item enables new innovative business models, lowers operating costs, increases productivity and also significantly changes customer service and product development.
In the Internet of Things, all intelligent IoT objects (Smart Object) can communicate with each other and exchange information. Each item is identified by an Internet address (URL), can be accessed via the Internet and can interact with connected information systems.
Big opportunities - big challengesThe worldwide and constant communication of things presents companies in all sectors with complex technological challenges:
- IT systems that have grown over the years and were not originally designed for the IoT application need to be integrated.
- Complex interoperability through standard interfaces and highly specialized electronic components must be ensured.
- Due to the high level of complexity, the user experience design must already be taken into account during concept development.
UX Design: A vision evolves into a new lifestyleIt has already been said: everything will revolve around providing the user resp. customer with a terrific user experience (UX). Convincing UX design is therefore mandatory.
We believe the IoT will establish itself and lead to a completely new lifestyle in the long term. It will become apparent which added values of the new, predominantly mobile applications and services will permanently fascinate the user - and with which IoT offers a company can really earn - or save money.
IoT concepts for industry and consumersConsumer IoT concepts include home appliances, entertainment electronics, medical home appliances, pets, motor vehicles, computers, power grids, and many other items, such as smart wearables.
There is no going back in the industry sector as well. Here, the focus is on improving operational effectiveness through intelligent systems and more flexible production techniques. IoT concepts are designed for production facilities and sensor networks. There are also promising approaches in telemedicine and patient monitoring, as well as in stock management and logistics.
The possibilities? Seemingly infinite.
- Querying values measured by smart meters or sensors and motion detectors
- Control of actuators
- Exchange of voice data between communication partners
- Loading websites via a 2D code
- Automatic light control
- Integration of RFID tags
- Motor vehicles that exchange traffic information via Car to Car Communication (C2C) or Car to Infrastructure Communication (C2I)
- Patients who submit their data to a monitoring center
- Buyers who can track their orders and deliveries on the Internet
- Location of objects in large areas, such as warehouses or ports
- Route control for sensitive or valuable goods
Where do you stand - and where do you want to go?What potential for IoT does your company have? How can you proactively steer towards the digital future? Which course should you set now? Which developments you should not miss. And which trends can you confidently ignore? The FROX experts answer all of this for you.
The FROX Services
As an expert in ITSM and digital transformation, we support you in designing and governing your IT processes so that they become the engine of your business.
Our Consulting Services
Solution and system integration
You have a heterogeneous IT landscape and would like to harmonize it? You need a partner for the initial implementation and roll-out of a platform? Then get to know our methodical integration preparation.
Customized Business Applications
You need new applications for your business or want to expand existing ones? With profound know-how and a lot of experience, we can develop your tailor-made business application according to your specific requirements.
Operation & Support
Do you want to outsource the operation of your ITSM platform or business applications? Need support for your IT services? For this purpose we offer 24/7 accessibility and a flexible adaptation to your operating and support needs.